Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday vs. Earth Day: The Ultimate Showdown

Jesus Christ vs. Mother Earth. Who wins?

I tend to be one of those folks who, if you can't tangibly see it or hold it in your palm, it just ain't so. Also I was raised far enough south to know about cow tippin and swimmin in the crick. But I have a little bit of faith. Don't get me wrong, I do have a t-shirt that reads "I teach my kids to worship Satan" (that I purchased on the recommendation of a reader for the sole purpose of parent-teacher conferences) but I have faith in God and Jesus and all that. I won't be quoting any bible verses any time soon, as I have never read the good book cover to cover, and I sure don't know it.

Yep, I have a minor in Theology and Religious studies. I guess that just goes to show what you can achieve with bullshit. (Actually it was more reading-based than anything)

So who will I be celebrating today? The tangible, muddy green/blue/brown sphere that sustains us all, or the man who gave his life so we could ruin it? Hmmmm...it seems to me that they go hand-in-hand here. So whatever you need to do here. Go to church. Recycle or pick up litter. Either or both are good practices. Just don't go full-on today and then revert back to being a hypocrite tomorrow. Because God hates a hypocrite, and the Earth will eventually fall victim to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment