Thursday, June 16, 2011

How can it be?

I've been trying to figure this out. I tell it like it is. I get so many compliments on my frankness, the fact that I don't sugar-coat shit. But at the same time, that is what I get in the most trouble for at work.

So six of one, half a dozen of another. Should I shut up and be well-behaved or not? Should I speak my mind and deal with the repercussions? How come some people can get away with being sarcastic assholes and I get my ass spanked for it? WHY CAN'T I JUST BE ME? You guys read me cuz you like me, I'm guessing. I say the things we all think, in ways that are sometimes offensive. Sometimes they are refreshing. But sometimes life is offensive. Its hard to be good ALL the time. That's why there are so many alcoholics and drug abusers out there, maybe, they need an excuse for the things they say. Well, I don't need the guise of vices like those to speak my mind. I'll tell you what I think, even if you don't want to hear it. But know that it is always the honest truth. I'll never be kind just for the sake of being kind. Because if its all lies anyway, isn't that just as hurtful?

So yes, your loved-one may die. They are sick. They had serious procedures done. A hospital is a place of death, dying, and disease. It happens to all of us eventually. And if your family member is inpatient, its likely they have something wrong with them. Don't ask me for odds. Don't ssk me for false hope, especially where there is none. Ask me for my professional opinion, and that's what you will get. I wont spare your feelings.

Probably why I get very few day shifts. The boss likes me on nights, when no one is around to ask me what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment