Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Black Widow Strikes!

Last week I bought life insurance. On my husband, myself, and our 7 children. You would think the insurance man would jump for joy, having earned a commission on 9 policies. But he earnestly tried to talk me out of policies on the kids. REALLY?

I have seen too much to not have policies on the little sheisters. A cabin could explode, a rogue car could careen into our front lawn, etc. I think I would rather be prepared for these things than not. He thinks I am insane. Maybe I am. Maybe not.

I sprung for the big mother policy on my husband, just because I know I'd be up Schitt Crick if he kicked off before these kids were grown and gone. Yeah, I can support myself and a couple of 'em, but I would hate to have to choose. Or move into a teeny little house while they were all still around. So half a mil on him should keep me set, and 100K on me. After all, he can hire a decent maid/cook/hooker for that.

So now I just have to wait for the inevitable. There will be an accident. Someone will die. Then it will be investigated and someone will bring up that I just bought these insurance policies. Jesus Christ! Can I not mourn in peace? No, I will be accused of orchestrating some sort of bizarre fireworks accident. Something. Maybe I should just forget it. Am I better off?

No comments:

Post a Comment